Please Read Our Terms & Conditions
These are the General Terms & Conditions of car rental with MontenegroCar.
1. General Terms and Conditions of Vehicle Rental
The General Terms and Conditions of the Rental determine the rights and obligations between the vehicle lessee (hereinafter: the Lessor) on the one hand, and the service user (hereinafter: the User) on the other hand. The Lessor (car rental agency operating within the company "Bip hotels" doo) and the Service User sign the Vehicle Rental Agreement during the rental of the vehicle.
By signing the Vehicle Rental Agreement, the Service User accepts the rental terms and agrees to the general terms and conditions of the car hire agency (Lessor). The natural entity named in the Agreement as the driver signs the Vehicle Rental Agreement and completes the vehicle condition form, thus accepting responsibility and is in compliance with all terms and conditions of the car rental agreement and the general conditions of use of the Lessor's vehicle.
1.1. Vehicle Rental Agreement
The Vehicle Rental Agreement, which is signed by the Service User and the Lessor, before the vehicle pickup, contains all relevant information about the vehicle, information about the User, location of vehicle pickup, date and time of vehicle pickup and return, price of vehicle rental, method of payment, list of additional equipment and services, insurance included in the price, amount of deposit, information about the driver, and additional driver if any. By signing the Agreement, the Service User accepts all the General Terms and Conditions of the Lessor's lease prominently displayed in all business branches and on the official website of the Lessor, while on the other hand, the Lessor approves the use of the vehicle to the person specified in the Agreement as the User.
The Agreement shall cease to be valid when the User delivers the leased vehicle to a pre-arranged place, hands over the documents and keys to the Lessor or to a person authorized by the Lessor.
In the event of an accident, the Agreement shall cease to be valid when the User submits a complete police record.
1.2. Vehicle Condition Form
When picking up and returning the vehicle, the User and the Lessor shall note, on a separate form or in the Agreement, all relevant information on the condition of the vehicle before and after the rental/ return of the vehicle - mileage and equipment status, fuel quantity, possible damage before and after the rental of the vehicle, and possible defects in the vehicle.
1.3. Price lists
- Car rental price list: the internal act of the Lessor which contains the price of car rental in relation to each group of vehicles and the length of rental.
- Price list for the collection of damages: the internal act of the Lessor containing the amounts of damages and fees for all the Lessor's vehicles, which the Lessor, in accordance with the rental Agreement, charges the User in case of possible damages that are not covered by insurance.
- Rental price list, additional insurance, fees and equipment: the internal act of the Lessor defining the rental prices of all Lessor's cars, additional insurance, equipment or additional services that the User can request, and other fees that the Lessor can charge the User in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions of Vehicle Rental.
2. General Terms and Conditions of Vehicle Use
- Minimum 22 years old.
- When picking up the vehicle, identification (ID card or passport for inspection) and a credit card, as a means of making a deposit (pre-authorisation) or a cash deposit, are required.
- Payment in advance by cash, credit card or bank transfer/invoice.
- The calculation of the rental price and other services is in the currency: Euro.
- Driver's license - Drivers must have a valid driver's license (at least two years old), passport or ID and are over the age of 22.
- For younger drivers up to 22 years of age, an allowance per day will be charged, only if they own a minimum B-category driving licence and if it has been active for at least two years.
- A deposit is required – by cash or credit card, or by depositing into an account prior to vehicle rental.
- The amount of the deposit is determined in relation to the group of the vehicle being rented.
- The deposit shall be returned upon the return of the vehicle by the User, noting that there is no damage to the exterior and interior of the vehicle (bumpers, thresholds, doors, windshield, etc.), and if all contractual obligations and General Rules (conditions) of vehicle use and rental have been complied with.
2.2. Rental Duration
- Minimum rental duration is 1 day (24h). (Vehicle return is possible even before the minimum duration of the lease expires, but the price calculation is done for the length of the minimum duration.)
- The pickup and return time of the vehicle must be the same, with a tolerance of up to 30 minutes delay. After the vehicle return tolerance time has elapsed, an additional day of vehicle rental is calculated.
- For the extension of the rental beyond the agreed date, it is necessary to contact the Lessor and obtain his consent for the extension of the rental.
- Vehicle rental can be shortened with prior notice to the Lessor, whereby the Lessor reserves the right to charge penalties up to the amount of two days of rental.
- Longer rentals are arranged immediately and at special prices.
- Unlimited daily mileage on the territory of Montenegro.
- The maximum mileage for rentals shorter than four days is 1,000km. In case of returning the vehicle beyond the allowed mileage, the Lessor reserves the right to collect from the User the amount of 0.02 EUR per exceeded kilometre travelled.
- For long-term rentals, mileage is separately contracted.
2.4. Reservation, pickup and return of vehicles
- The vehicle is picked up at and returned to the offices of the Lessor.
- The User may change the reservation, without charge, provided that the notice is given to the Lessor at least 24 hours before the commencement of the rental of the vehicle.
- The rental can be extended at the offices of the Lessor or through the reservation system at least 24 hours before the car hire expires. The rental extension price is determined according to the valid price list.
- Delivery and pick-up of vehicles outside the designated locations (branches) are separately charged, as an additional service, and are arranged according to a special procedure.
- When picking up and returning the vehicle, it is mandatory to sign the Vehicle Inspection Form.
- Picking up and returning vehicles outside the opening hours of the branch office is charged additionally.
- The rental period of the vehicle ends at the Lessor's office, by handing over the vehicle keys and registration documents to the Lessor or a person authorized by the Lessor.
- Any return of the vehicle prior to the date and time specified in the Agreement shall not give cause for a refund.
- When the User returns the vehicle, the Lessor inspects the vehicle and signs the Damage Report, if any damage occurred during the rental of the vehicle.
- One-way rentals on the territory of the country and outside the country are possible with an additional fee for the service and prior notice to the Lessor's rent-a-car agent.
- In the event that the vehicle has not been returned on the date specified in the Rental Agreement and if the User does not immediately notify the Lessor of the delayed return, the Lessor considers that the vehicle has been misappropriated and has the right to report the case to the competent authority. In this case, the Lessor has the right to charge every additional day according to the current rental rate, unless the User proves that he no longer has the vehicle at his disposal, through no fault of his own, or that the failure to return the vehicle was not his fault. The Lessor has the right to commence legal proceedings to demand the immediate return of the vehicle that is used contrary to the General Terms and Conditions of Vehicle Rental and the Vehicle Rental Agreement.
- The insurance doesn't cover tires and windshields.
- Parking and traffic penalties are the sole responsibility of the User.
- Loss of keys or documents will be charged in the amount of 500.00 euros.
- The use of vehicles outside the territory of Montenegro is possible only with the consent given in the Agreement by the Lessor. If the Lessor gives consent for the vehicle to go outside the borders of the state of Montenegro, the same shall be stated in the Rental Agreement, and a fee shall be charged for this according to the valid price list of the Lessor.
- If the User does not have a pre-approved consent to exit the territory of Montenegro, they are obliged to inform the Lessor of this intention, without whose written consent they are not entitled to the same. Crossing the state border without consent entails the loss of all insurance contracted at the beginning of the rental.
- The vehicle is picked up and returned with the same amount of fuel. When returning the vehicle, the missing fuel is charged according to the valid price list, as well as the refill service at the price of 15.00 euros.
- According to your choice, when booking or picking up the vehicle at the Lessor's offices, additional services and accessories are charged according to the valid price list.
- The Lessor reserves the right to replace the booked vehicle, but not with a lower class and with less equipment than the booked vehicle.
- The Lessor is entitled, in the event that the Service User did not show up or cancel the reservation in the last 24 hours before the vehicle collection, to charge the User a late cancellation/ no-show fee, equal to one day of the rental price, and a minimum of 30.00 euros. Non-shown is also effective if the User has not picked up the vehicle within one hour of the booked time/ date, unless there is a justified delay in the trip and the User provides proof thereof.
- The User can cancel the reservation without charge up to 24 hours before the start of the rental.
- For all rental extensions longer than 24 hours, the Service User signs a new Rental Agreement according to the valid price list.
- The rental price includes VAT, as well as CDW insurance (damage insurance with participation in damages).
3. Vehicle insurance and participation in damages
Participation in any damage incurred is the maximum part of the responsibility assumed by the User, for any damage caused by the User. The insurance cost depends on the vehicle category and the number of days, and is charged according to the valid price list of the Lessor.
With additional insurance packages, the User reduces its own participation in case of damages or is released from it.
- CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) damage insurance with participation in damages
Liability for damage to the leased vehicle and to a third party is limited by a certain maximum amount that is related to the group of the leased vehicle. This insurance does not cover damage to the interior of the vehicle, damage to tyres and wheels, damage to the lower landing gear, broken and/ or lost key, damage caused by the misfuelling of fuel and damage caused knowingly or negligently.
- TP (Theft Protection) insurance against theft with participation in damages
Purchasing this insurance is optional.
Responsibility for theft of vehicles or vehicle parts. This insurance does not apply in the event of a violation of the basic Rental Terms, or if the vehicle was unlocked or the key was left in the vehicle during the theft. In this case, the user is responsible for the full price of the stolen vehicle.
- CDW Plus (Collision Damage Waiver Plus)
Purchasing this insurance is optional.
By purchasing this insurance, the User partially covers the possible damage to the vehicle for which he is responsible and reduces the participation in the damages. The insurance cost depends on the vehicle category and the number of rental days.
- SCDW (Super Collision Damage Waiver) Casco Insurance
Purchasing this insurance is optional.
By purchasing this insurance, liability for damage and theft of vehicles is reduced to zero, i.e. there is no participation in damages and theft. However, if the User has not reported the damage to the police, they will be held directly responsible for the full amount of damages and theft.
This insurance does not cover damage to the interior of the vehicle, damage to tyres and wheels, damage to car glass, damage to the lower landing gear, broken and/ or lost key, damage caused by the misfuelling of fuel and damage caused knowingly or negligently. All the listed damages will be charged to the User in full.
- WUG (Wheels Undercarriage and Glass protection)
Purchasing this insurance is optional.
By purchasing this insurance, the User is completely relieved of liability for damages caused to the vehicle - damages to glass, wheels, damage to the lower landing gear. The insurance cost depends on the vehicle category and the number of rental days.
- PAI (Personal Accident Insurance)
Passenger insurance in the event of an accident, injury or death of a passenger or driver.
4. Procedures in case of accident, damage and theft of vehicles
- In case of damage and theft of the vehicle, the User is obliged to immediately inform the police and the Lessor about the event and to act on their instructions.
- The user is obliged to remain at the scene of the traffic accident until the arrival of the police, provided that he can be temporarily removed solely for the purpose of providing assistance to third parties or if they personally need medical assistance.
- The User is obliged to record data on other participants in the accident or event.
- The User is obliged to fill out an event/ damage report.
- The User is obliged to write a short statement describing the causes and circumstances in which the event/ damage occurred.
4.1. The police record is mandatory for all types of insurance
- Without a police record, the full amount of damage and/ or theft will be charged to the User, regardless of the type of insurance purchased.
- The record must be made even in cases where the User was not present when the vehicle was damaged (e.g. in the parking lot).
5. Additional Terms/Instructions of Vehicle Use
- The User is obliged to take care of the vehicle, inform the Lessor on time about the due service interval or any defect, malfunction or damage.
- The User is obliged to periodically check the mechanical condition of the vehicle, liquid levels (oil, water, AdBlue), tyre pressure and similar.
- Any servicing or repair of the vehicle is prohibited without the prior consent of the Lessor.
- By signing the Rental Agreement, the User confirms that he/she has taken over the vehicle in technically working order and with all the necessary equipment, and is obliged to report to the Lessor, as soon as possible, any circumstance that affects/ changes that status, such as a worn out tyre, a damaged body part, a defective light, or anything else that significantly affects driving safety.
- The Lessor shall reimburse the User for all costs incurred in connection with the use of the vehicle, which relate to consumables and for whose replacement the Lessor gave consent. The User is obliged to submit an appropriate invoice for the stated costs.
If it is established that the User has unreasonably, without authorization and unnecessarily replaced a part of the vehicle or device on the vehicle, the User is not entitled to reimbursement of costs.
The rental vehicle must not be used:
- Under the influence of alcohol, tranquilizers, narcotics, sleep aids or other medications;
- For unlawful purposes (criminal offences, customs or other offences);
- For paid transfers of passengers or goods;
- For any competition, speed rehearsal or race;
- For the propulsion, or towing, of other vehicles, trailers or any objects which are not in running order;
- For driver training;
- For the transport of animals, without the prior approval of the Lessor;
- Contrary to the manufacturer's specification listed in the traffic permit;
- Against traffic regulations in the home country or country where the vehicle is used;
- By a person whose driver's license has been revoked or is not in possession of one;
- Outside marked public roads;
- By an unauthorized person (a person not registered in the Rental Agreement);
- In the territory of Kosovo and Metohija, without the prior consent of the Lessor.
In all the above cases, the insurance is not valid and the User is charged the full cost of damage/ theft.
6.1. Traffic penalties; Fuel; Vehicle washing; Taking or returning vehicles outside working hours; Additional services; Damage handling
- Traffic penalties
Traffic and utility costs during the car hire of vehicles resulting from violations of traffic and other regulations shall be the sole responsibility of the User, who shall bear all costs of settling the obligations incurred in this way. If the User fails to settle the obligations within the prescribed deadline, they will be charged an additional administrative processing cost in the amount of EUR 15.00 together with the expense of the penalty itself.
The User pays for the spent fuel. The fuel is not included in the rental price. In the event that the User returns the vehicle with less fuel compared to the state of fuel when taking over the vehicle, the difference in fuel is charged according to the valid price list with an additional fee of 10.00 euros.
- Vehicle washing
In the event that the User returns the vehicle in a condition which requires additional or special washing (deep washing), they will be charged in the amount of: EUR 10.00 for additional washing of an extremely dirty car, up to EUR 50.00 for special washing, or up to EUR 70.00 for vehicle polishing.
Smoking is not allowed in the vehicle. In case of violation of this rule, a fee may be charged to the User in the amount of up to 50.00 euros.
- Picking up or renting outside working hours
Picking up/ returning or issuing a vehicle outside working hours is additionally charged in the amount of 10.00 euros per rental.
- Additional services
Additional services are not mandatory, and are charged based on User choice, according to the valid price list.
- Damage handling
The damage inflicted on the vehicle by the User is not covered by any additional insurance, it will be charged in accordance with the predefined tariffs and category of the rented vehicle, from the funds that were reserved on the User's credit card or the deposit left in cash, up to the maximum amount of the damage participation. In addition, an administrative fee is charged for the processing of events according to the valid price list.
The user is obliged to provide all documents handed over to him by the police or another person (police record, signed European record with an admission of guilt with an additional signature on the police record, alcohol test record, etc.), and in addition, the User is obliged to fill out a statement on the accident at the Lessor's office.
6.2. Subsequent credit card charge
The credit card may be additionally and subsequently charged, of which the User would be notified by e-mail with evidence thereof, in the following cases:
- Issued penalties for improper parking, subsequently arrived at the office of the Lessor;
- Issued misdemeanour penalties during the rental term, subsequently arrived at the Lessor's branch office;
- Damage to the vehicle or the return of the vehicle with less fuel than before the takeover, detected subsequently;
- Damages discovered immediately after returning the vehicle after washing the vehicle, which could not be visible during the first inspection.
- The User is obliged to pay the bill (invoice) when taking over the vehicle, unless it is a long-term rental where the terms of the rental are specifically defined by the relevant Business-Technical Cooperation Agreement. The amount shall be paid in accordance with the relevant tariff at the time of signing the Vehicle Rental Agreement. In case of late payment, the statutory default interest and reminder costs will be charged.
- Vehicles are rented at a daily rate in accordance with the applicable Lessor's price list, where one day means a period of 24 hours, starting from the conclusion of the Rental Agreement and the takeover of the vehicle. When signing the Rental Agreement, it is mandatory to pre-authorise the User's credit card.
By signing the Rental Agreement, the User acknowledges that they agree to the Lessor's General Terms and Conditions of Vehicle Rental and that they agree to Lessor's right to collect, from their card or from the deposit, all costs that have not been included in the basic car rental, which include all additional services or costs incurred in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions of Vehicle Rental (damage, loss of keys, loss of documents, loss of accompanying and additional equipment, missing fuel, unpaid penalties during the rental, as well as the Lessor's administrative and other services in accordance with the applicable Lessor's price list).
- The final calculation and payment of the rental is made during the return of the vehicle (drop off), accompanying documents and keys, after checking the condition of the vehicle for any forms of possible damage, fuel level, mileage, vehicle cleanliness and after checking the accompanying and additional equipment. The Lessor reserves the right to further charge the Service User for all subsequent costs caused during the rental period of the vehicle.
6.4. Documents, accompanying and additional equipment
- All vehicles are rented with the necessary documents, which are checked by both the User and the Lessor during the vehicle pickup.
- The User is responsible for the aforementioned documents and for the vehicle keys, and is obliged to carry them on person and not leave them in the vehicle.
- In the event that the User takes over additional equipment when concluding the Rental Agreement, they are responsible for the additional equipment as well as the accompanying equipment in the vehicle.
- In the event that the User loses documents, keys, license plates and some of the additional equipment, the User will be charged according to the valid price list.
6.5. Possibility of verification, termination of the Rental Agreement and monitoring via GPS system
- All employees of the Lessor's company or other authorized persons reserve the right to control the manner of use of the vehicle at any time, and if there are indications that it is not used in accordance with the Agreement and the General Terms and Conditions of Vehicle Use, they have the possibility to demand the vehicle and terminate the Vehicle Rental and the Agreement, at any time and anywhere.
- The Lessor reserves the right to monitor the movement of the vehicle via GPS system.
6.6. Replacement vehicle
The service involves the provision of a replacement vehicle in the event of a malfunction, traffic accident and other situations that caused immobility or inability to use the vehicle.
- In case of malfunction, traffic accident and other situations that caused immobility or inability to use the vehicle, the Lessor shall provide the User with a replacement vehicle within a reasonable time.
- All rights and obligations of the User arising from the originally concluded Rental Agreement and the General Terms and Conditions of Vehicle Use shall then apply to the replacement vehicle.
6.7. Signatory of the Agreement
- By signing, the User unconditionally accepts the Conditions of use of the Lessor's vehicle and guarantees the accuracy of all the provided information.
- The User shall be responsible for the rented vehicle for the entire duration of the Rental Agreement, regardless of whether the Vehicle is in transit or parked.
- If the User is a legal entity, they may, with the prior, written consent of the Lessor, lease the rented vehicle for use to their employees, who meet the requirements of the Rental Terms. The User is obliged to acquaint the other users of the vehicle with all the Lessor's General Terms and Conditions of Vehicle Rental. The user is fully responsible for the actions of other vehicle users and is obliged to fulfill all contractual obligations and reimburse all additional costs incurred by all vehicle users.
7. Data Protection
When paying with a payment card via the Internet, the card data is entered on the protected website of the bank or payment intermediary.
The security of data when paying with a payment card is guaranteed by the payment card processor on whose pages the payment process is performed. At no time does the Lessor have access to the User's payment card data.
8. Final provisions
The General Terms and Conditions of Vehicle Rental are highlighted in all branches of the Lessor, as well as on the Lessor's website: https://www.montenegrocar.me/.
The Lessor reserves the right to modify the Terms and Conditions, and is obliged to display them on the official website.